A General knowledge quiz for NGO Kids
As part of the children’s day celebration at my workplace, our CSR team had invited many kids (who were part of a mentor-ship program) for a full day of fun. One of the activities was a general knowledge quiz. These are the questions from the prelims.
- This city, whose name is said to have been derived from Sanskrit for â€œCity of Virtueâ€ (Punya Nagari) is the eight largest in India and is situated around 550 metres above sea level on the Deccan plateau. Which city?
- Which neighbouring country of India has a lion on it flag?
- How many grams are there in 2 KG?
- Which part of the body protects the heart and the lungs?
- Which is the continent that has no rivers?
- Chatrapati Sivaji Internal terminus is in which city?
- Which is the bird that can turn its head all the way around?
- Who is the character in Ramayana who leaped up and swallowed the sun mistaking it for a fruit?
- What is the hindi term for a googly bowled by a bowler in cricket?
- All Rajdhani express trains leave from or arrive at this city.
- Which is the last planet in the Solar System?
- What does the M in ATM stand for?
- What is the Indian equivalent of a burger?
- What is the party symbol of AAP (Aam Aadmi Party)?
- Where does the president of India live in Delhi?
- Kaziranga National Park in Assam is home to the largest population of the one-horned variety of which animal?
- The German name of which day of the week literally means â€œmiddle of the weekâ€?
- Which is the tallest mountain in Maharashtra?
- What is the name of Chhota Bheemâ€™s pet monkey?
- What was the informal name of the mission to Mars launched by ISRO? The formal name was â€œMars Orbiter Mission (MOM)â€.
- What would a doctor ask you to take to see if there is a problem in your bones?
- Who is the only cricketer to his two double centuries in ODIs?
- The Ostrich is the largest bird. Another flightless bird is the second largest. Which one?
- The male of which sea creature carries the eggs in its pouch and fertilizes them internally?
- Oil is made from the Copra of this fruit. Which fruit?
Answers in the first comment.