Welcome to the November 100 Rupee Quiz.
Some details about this quiz.
- There will be one quiz a month, with each being posted around the 15th. If the dates fall on a weekend, then the quiz will be posted on the following Monday. A mail will be sent to all the major quizzing groups as soon as the quiz is posted.
- Answers are to be sent by email to the email id 100rsquiz at gmail.
- The prize for each quiz is a 100 Indian Rupee Gift Voucher from Fabmall.
- The prize will be give to the highest scorer in each quiz. If there is more than entry with the same highest score, then the prize would be given to the person whose email was received earlier.
- The prize (the voucher) would be sent to the email id from which the answers were received.
- Any number of attempts can be mailed. The latest attempt will be considered for the scoring.
- Needless to say, you are allowed to beg, borrow or google for the answers. Googling has become synonymous with quizzing. So, i hope that atleast some of the questions would give you a “a-ha” after begging, borrowing or googling.
- Also, check out my quizzing section, where i collate links to interesting quiz sites/blogs.
- As always, my decision is final in all matters including the selection of the winners and by attempting this quiz, you accept this supreme and unquestionable authority!
The November Quiz is officially over.
Quiz 3 – November 20th
1) The picture below is a snapshot taken of a Channel V programme sometime during last month. If you see the image properly, you will notice that something is missing as compared to the usual Channel V telecasts. Why is this missing or who is responsible for it to go missing?
2) How do we better know the Oral Contraceptive which first made its appearance in the name of Enovid?
3) Identify the person who is seen typing the first edition of his “to-be-very-famous” magazine. Sorry for the poor quality. I grabbed this from a youtube video where this person shows around his house.
4)This quiz was released on Nov 20th. In memory of which significant event did most of the world observe 2 minutes silence at 11 AM, 9 days ago ?
5) What is common to the terms “360flip-sexchange”, “pretzel-flip” , “gazellespin” , “nose-hook impossible” , “halfcab-heelflip”? (Note: There are hundreds of other terms similar to the ones listed)
6) Six fat British Teenagers are put into a camp to give them the knowledge and the training to change their lifestyles, so that they are transformed physically and emotionally. This is a reality show on an UK channel whose name is a parody of the name of a famous Jennifer Love Hewitt starrer. What is the name of this show?
7) piano : pianoforte :: perks: perquisites:: pants : ?? :: pub : ??
8) Identify the place shown by the blue arrow.
9) Identify this woman.
10) Which state in India has its only official language as English?
11) General opinion is that there are two different species of the Elephant. But, DNA analysis have shown that there are actually three. What are the names of the these three?
12) Charles Dickens : The Mystery of Edwin Drood :: F. Scott Fitzgerald : ??
13) What is the name of the chart below used for checking vision?
14) What is the name of the mammal shown below ?
15) Which are the two alphabets in scrabble, which will get you maximum points and how many ?
16) Who wrote the autobiography of Nelson Mandela “Long walk to Freedom”?
17) Where would you find the Island of Langerhans?
18) Around the year 2000, an article appeared in the Economic Times whose headline read: “Now there is going to be lot of SEX on clean Singapore roads”. What was the article about?
19) The chinese symbol for a woman is . What does this symbol showing two women under something “represent” ? Btw, there is no such actual chinese chracter and it is only a myth.
20) Identify this flower.
21) What is the area shaded in black dots better known as ?
22) came third. came second. Who was first ?
23) What is the claim to fame of symbolics.com?
24) In the advertisement for Bajaj Platina, this bike is supposed to deliver 108 _____ per litre. Fill in the blank.
25) Identify the marked place.
26) Today (Nov 20th) is celebrated as “Universal ____ day”. Fill in the blank.
27) Identify the castle below, recently in the news.
28) What comes in the Following flavours (some of many): Praline & Cream, Macadamia Nut Brittle, Belgian Chocolate, vanilla, Cookies & Cream and Strawberry Cheesecake ?
29) The photo below won the World Press Photo of the year 2004. Where was it taken?
30) Connect “I”, “I Still” and “I’ll Always”.
31) This French phrase originally (in the 16/17th century) was a polite way of asking people “How was your visit to the toilet”, because many of the royal people at that time suffered from digestion problems caused by the rich food. So, this phrase was kind of used to enquire about their state of well-being. But, nowadays this is probably the first thing you would say if you meet a French-speaking person. What phrase ?
32) Charles Dickens’ Christmas Carol was responsible for introducing the word scrooge into the English language. It also helped popularise another phrase. What phrase?
33) Of which organisation is this the logo.
34)What is the name of the place below?
35)Identify the falls below located at the border of argentina and brazil.
ALL THE BEST